q-Dirichlet type L-functions with weight α
© Ozden; licensee Springer 2013
Received: 5 December 2012
Accepted: 5 February 2013
Published: 21 February 2013
The aim of this paper is to construct q-Dirichlet type L-functions with weight α. We give the values of these functions at negative integers. These values are related to the generalized q-Bernoulli numbers with weight α.
AMS Subject Classification:11B68, 11S40, 11S80, 26C05, 30B40.
Keywordsgeneralized Bernoulli polynomials Dirichlet L-function Hurwitz zeta function generalized q-Bernoulli numbers with weight α
Recently Kim, Simsek, Yang and also many mathematicians have studied a two-variable Dirichlet L-function.
In this paper, we need the following standard notions: , , , . Also, as usual ℤ denotes the set of integers, ℝ denotes the set of real numbers and ℂ denotes the set of complex numbers. We assume that denotes the principal branch of the multi-valued function with the imaginary part constrained by .
In this paper, we study the two-variable Dirichlet L-function with weight α. We give some properties of this function. We also give explicit values of this function at negative integers which are related to the generalized Bernoulli polynomials and numbers with weight α.
Throughout this presentation, we use the following standard notions: , , , . Also, as usual ℤ denotes the set of integers, ℝ denotes the set of real numbers and ℂ denotes the set of complex numbers.
2 Two-variable q-Dirichlet L-function with weight α
which is defined by Kim .
Observe that when in (4), one can obtain recurrence relation for the polynomial .
By using (4), we define a two-variable q-Dirichlet L-function with weight α as follows.
For , by using (5), we obtain the following corollary.
Combining (4) with the above equation, we arrive at the desired result. □
Remark 2.9 If , then (6) reduces to (1).
This function gives us Hurwitz-type zeta functions with weight α. It is well known that this function interpolates the q-Bernoulli polynomials with weight α at negative integers, which is given by the following lemma.
Therefore, we have the following theorem.
By substituting with into (9) and combining with (8) and (6), we give explicitly a formula of the generalized Bernoulli polynomials with weight α by the following theorem.
By using (10), we obtain the following corollary.
Dedicated to Professor Hari M Srivastava.
The present investigation was supported by the Commission of Scientific Research Projects of Uludag University, project number UAP(F) 2011/38 and UAP(F) 2012-16. We would like to thank the referees for their valuable comments.
- Cangul IN, Ozden H, Simsek Y:Generating functions of the extension of twisted Euler polynomials and numbers. Acta Math. Hung. 2008, 120: 281-299. 10.1007/s10474-008-7139-1MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Choi J, Anderson PJ, Srivastava HM: Carlitz’s q -Bernoulli and q -Euler numbers and polynomials and a class of generalized q -Hurwitz zeta functions. Appl. Math. Comput. 2009, 215: 1185-1208. 10.1016/j.amc.2009.06.060MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Dolgy DV, Kim T, Lee SH, Lee B, Rim S-H: A note on the modified q -Bernoulli numbers and polynomials with weight α . Abstr. Appl. Anal. 2011., 2011: Article ID 545314Google Scholar
- Kim T: On explicit formulas of p -adic q - L -function. Kyushu J. Math. 1994, 48: 73-86. 10.2206/kyushujm.48.73MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Power series and asymptotic series associated with the q -analogue of two-variable p -adic L -function. Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2005, 12: 186-196.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: A new approach to p -adic q - L -functions. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math. 2006, 12: 61-72.Google Scholar
- Kim T: On the weighted q -Bernoulli numbers and polynomials. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math. 2011, 21: 207-215.Google Scholar
- Kim T, Bayad A, Kim YH: A study on the p -adic q -integral representation onassociated with the weighted q -Bernstein and q -Bernoulli polynomials. J. Inequal. Appl. 2011., 2011: Article ID 513821Google Scholar
- Kim T, Dolgy DV, Lee B, Rim S-H: Identities on the weighted q -Bernoulli numbers of higher order. Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2011., 2011: Article ID 918364Google Scholar
- Kim T, Rim S-H, Simsek Y, Kim D: On the analogs of Bernoulli and Euler numbers, related identities and zeta and L -functions. J. Korean Math. Soc. 2008, 45: 435-453. 10.4134/JKMS.2008.45.2.435MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T, Simsek Y: Analytic continuation of the multiple Daehee q - l -functions associated with Daehee numbers. Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2008, 15: 58-65.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T, Lee SH, Han H-H, Ryoo CS: On the values of the weighted q -zeta and q - L -functions. Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc. 2011., 2011: Article ID 476381Google Scholar
- Ozden H, Simsek Y: A new extension of q -Euler numbers and polynomials related to their interpolation functions. Appl. Math. Lett. 2008, 21: 934-939. 10.1016/j.aml.2007.10.005MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ozden H, Simsek Y:Interpolation function of the -extension of twisted Euler numbers. Comput. Math. Appl. 2008, 56: 898-908. 10.1016/j.camwa.2008.01.020MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Simsek Y: q -Analogue of the twisted l -series and q -twisted Euler numbers. J. Number Theory 2005, 110: 267-278. 10.1016/j.jnt.2004.07.003MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Simsek Y: On twisted q -Hurwitz zeta function and q -two-variable L -function. Appl. Math. Comput. 2007, 187: 466-473. 10.1016/j.amc.2006.08.146MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Simsek Y: Twisted-Bernoulli numbers and polynomials related to twisted-zeta function and L -function. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2006, 324: 790-804. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.12.057MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Simsek Y: Twisted p -adic- L -functions. Comput. Math. Appl. 2010, 59: 2097-2110. 10.1016/j.camwa.2009.12.015MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Simsek Y, Kim D, Rim S-H: On the two-variable Dirichlet q - L -series. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math - Jang’jun Math. Soc. 2005, 10: 131-142.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava HM, Kim T, Simsek Y: q -Bernoulli numbers and polynomials associated with multiple q -zeta functions and basic L -series. Russ. J. Math. Phys. 2005, 12: 241-268.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Srivastava HM, Choi J: Zeta and q-Zeta Functions and Associated Series and Integrals. Elsevier, New York; 2012.Google Scholar
- Young PT: On the behavior of some two-variable p -adic L -function. J. Number Theory 2003, 98: 67-86. 10.1016/S0022-314X(02)00031-8MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.