On nonautonomous discrete dynamical systems driven by means
© Raghib M. Abu-Saris 2006
Received: 27 March 2006
Accepted: 14 June 2006
Published: 27 September 2006
We investigate the asymptotic behavior of nonautonomous discrete dynamical systems governed by the system of difference equations (recursive equations): y j (n+1) = F j (n,y,(n)); j = 1,...,k, n = 0,1,2,..., where y(n) = (y1(n),...,y k (n)) ∈ ℝ k , y(0) = x, and F j (n,·) is a mean of k (≥ 2) positive real numbers, that is, a real-valued function satisfying the internality property min(x) ≤ F j (n,x) ≤ max(x).
- Abu-Saris RM: Asymptotic behavior of discrete processes driven by means. Nonlinear Analysis 2004,59(1–2):245–251.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Abu-Saris RM, Hajja M: Quadratic means. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2003,288(1):299–313. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2003.08.014MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Borwein JM, Borwein PB: Pi and the AGM, Canadian Mathematical Society Series of Monographs and Advanced Texts. Volume 4. John Wiley & Sons, New York; 1998:xvi+414.Google Scholar
- Bullen PS: Handbook of Means and Their Inequalities, Mathematics and Its Applications. Volume 560. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht; 2003:xxviii+537.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Cheney W: Analysis for Applied Mathematics, Graduate Texts in Mathematics. Volume 208. Springer, New York; 2001:viii+444.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Elaydi SN: Nonautonomous difference equations: open problems and conjectures. In Differences and Differential Equations, Fields Inst. Commun.. Volume 42. American Mathematical Society, Rhode Island; 2004:423–428.Google Scholar
- Horn RA, Johnson CR: Matrix Analysis. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge; 1985:xiii+561.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Kempf R: On Ω -limit sets of discrete-time dynamical systems. Journal of Difference Equations and Applications 2002,8(12):1121–1131. 10.1080/10236190290029024MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Matkowski J: Iterations of mean-type mappings and invariant means. Annales Mathematicae Silesianae 1999, (13):211–226.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.