- Research Article
- Open Access
Some Identities of Bernoulli Numbers and Polynomials Associated with Bernstein Polynomials
© Min-Soo Kim et al. 2010
- Received: 30 August 2010
- Accepted: 27 October 2010
- Published: 31 October 2010
We investigate some interesting properties of the Bernstein polynomials related to the bosonic -adic integrals on .
- Prime Number
- Algebraic Closure
- Basis Polynomial
- Bernstein Polynomial
- Bernoulli Number
The Bernstein polynomials can also be defined in many different ways. Thus, recently, many applications of these polynomials have been looked for by many authors. Some researchers have studied the Bernstein polynomials in the area of approximation theory (see [1–7]). In recent years, Acikgoz and Araci [1, 2] have introduced several type Bernstein polynomials.
In the present paper, we introduce the Bernstein polynomials on the ring of -adic integers . We also investigate some interesting properties of the Bernstein polynomials related to the bosonic -adic integrals on the ring of -adic integers .
By (2.5), we obtain the following proposition.
for , since . Therefore we obtain the following theorem.
Therefore we obtain the following result.
Continuing this process, we obtain the following theorem.
Find the Witt's formula for the Bernstein polynomials in -adic number field.
The first author was supported by the Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (2010-0001654). The second author was supported by the research grant of Kwangwoon University in 2010.
- Acikgoz M, Araci S: A study on the integral of the product of several type Bernstein polynomials. IST Transaction of Applied Mathematics-Modelling and Simulation. In pressGoogle Scholar
- Acikgoz M, Araci S: On the generating function of the Bernstein polynomials. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics (ICNAAM '10), March 2010, Rhodes, Greece. AIP;Google Scholar
- Simsek Y, Acikgoz M:A new generating function of ( -) Bernstein-type polynomials and their interpolation function. Abstract and Applied Analysis 2010, 2010:-12.Google Scholar
- Bernstein S: Demonstration du theoreme de Weierstrass, fondee sur le calcul des probabilities. Communications of the Kharkov Mathematical Society 1913, 13: 1-2.Google Scholar
- Jang L-C, Kim W-J, Simsek Y:A study on the p-adic integral representation on associated with Bernstein and Bernoulli polynomials. Advances in Difference Equations 2010, 2010:-6.Google Scholar
- Kim T, Jang L-C, Yi H:A note on the modified -bernstein polynomials. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society 2010, 2010:-12.Google Scholar
- Phillips GM:Bernstein polynomials based on the -integers. Annals of Numerical Mathematics 1997,4(1–4):511-518.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Kim T:On a -analogue of the -adic log gamma functions and related integrals. Journal of Number Theory 1999,76(2):320-329. 10.1006/jnth.1999.2373MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Kim T, Choi J, Kim Y-H:Some identities on the -Bernstein polynomials, -Stirling numbers and -Bernoulli numbers. Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics 2010,20(3):335-341.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.