Symmetry Properties of Higher-Order Bernoulli Polynomials
© Patricia J. Y. Wong 2009
Received: 11 March 2009
Accepted: 2 August 2009
Published: 26 August 2009
Let be a fixed prime number. Throughout this paper and will, respectively, denote the ring of -adic rational integers, the field of -adic rational numbers, and the completion of algebraic closure of . For , we use the notation . Let be the space of uniformly differentiable functions on and let be the normalized exponential valuation of with . For with , the -Volkenborn integral on is defined as
From (1.3), we can derive
By (1.2) and (1.3), we easily see that
It is known that the Bernoulli polynomials are defined by
(see [3–6]). Then the values of at are called the Bernoulli numbers of order . When , the polynomials or numbers are called the Bernoulli polynomials or numbers. The purpose of this paper is to investigate some interesting properties of symmetry for the multivariate -adic invariant integral on . From the properties of symmetry for the multivariate -adic invariant integral on , we derive some interesting identities of symmetry for the Bernoulli polynomials of higher order.
2. Symmetry Properties of Higher-Order Bernoulli Polynomials
It is easy to see that
By comparing the coefficients on both sides of (2.5) and (2.6), we obtain the following theorem.
By comparing the coefficients on both sides of (2.10) and (2.11), we obtain the following theorem.
From (2.12), we can get the well-known result due to Raabe:
- Kim T: Symmetry -adic invariant integral on for Bernoulli and Euler polynomials. Journal of Difference Equations and Applications 2008,14(12):1267–1277. 10.1080/10236190801943220MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: On a -analogue of the -adic log gamma functions and related integrals. Journal of Number Theory 1999,76(2):320–329. 10.1006/jnth.1999.2373MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Abramowitz M, Stegun IA: Handbook of Mathematical Functions. National Bureau of Standards; 1964.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Jordan Ch: Calculus of Finite Differences. 2nd edition. Chelsea, New York, NY, USA; 1950.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Milne-Thomson LM: The Calculus of Finite Differences. Macmillan, London, UK; 1933.Google Scholar
- Nörlund NE: Vorlesungen über Differenzenrechnung. Springer, Berlin, Germany; 1924.MATHView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim YH: On the -adic interpolation functions of the generalized twisted -Euler numbers. International Journal of Mathematical Analysis 2009, 3: 897–904.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: -Volkenborn integration. Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics 2002,9(3):288–299.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: -Bernoulli numbers and polynomials associated with Gaussian binomial coefficients. Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics 2008,15(1):51–57.MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Analytic continuation of multiple -zeta functions and their values at negative integers. Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics 2004,11(1):71–76.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Non-Archimedean -integrals associated with multiple Changhee -Bernoulli polynomials. Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics 2003,10(1):91–98.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kim T: Symmetry of power sum polynomials and multivariate fermionic -adic invariant integral on . Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics 2009,16(1):93–96. 10.1134/S1061920809010063MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ozden H, Simsek Y: A new extension of -Euler numbers and polynomials related to their interpolation functions. Applied Mathematics Letters 2008,21(9):934–939. 10.1016/j.aml.2007.10.005MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Simsek Y: On -adic twisted --functions related to generalized twisted Bernoulli numbers. Russian Journal of Mathematical Physics 2006,13(3):340–348. 10.1134/S1061920806030095MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kim Y-H, Hwang K-W: A symmetry of power sum and twisted Bernoulli polynomials. Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics 2009,18(2):127–133.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.