Existence of Periodic and Subharmonic Solutions for Second-Order p-Laplacian Difference Equations
© P. Chen and H. Fang. 2007
Received: 26 December 2006
Accepted: 13 February 2007
Published: 29 March 2007
We obtain a sufficient condition for the existence of periodic and subharmonic solutions of second-order p-Laplacian difference equations using the critical point theory.
- Smets D, Willem M: Solitary waves with prescribed speed on infinite lattices. Journal of Functional Analysis 1997,149(1):266–275. 10.1006/jfan.1996.3121MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Agarwal RP, Perera K, O'Regan D: Multiple positive solutions of singular discrete p -Laplacian problems via variational methods. Advances in Difference Equations 2005,2005(2):93–99. 10.1155/ADE.2005.93MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Agarwal RP, Perera K, O'Regan D: Multiple positive solutions of singular and nonsingular discrete problems via variational methods. Nonlinear Analysis 2004,58(1):69–73. 10.1016/j.na.2003.11.012MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Cai X, Yu J: Existence theorems for second-order discrete boundary value problems. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2006,320(2):649–661. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.07.029MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Guo Z, Yu J: Existence of periodic and subharmonic solutions for second-order superlinear difference equations. Science in China. Series A. Mathematics 2003,46(4):506–515.MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Guo Z, Yu J: The existence of periodic and subharmonic solutions of subquadratic second order difference equations. Journal of the London Mathematical Society. Second Series 2003,68(2):419–430. 10.1112/S0024610703004563MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Yu J, Long Y, Guo Z: Subharmonic solutions with prescribed minimal period of a discrete forced pendulum equation. Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations 2004,16(2):575–586. 10.1007/s10884-004-4292-2MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Rabinowitz PH: Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics. Volume 65. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA; 1986:viii+100.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.